In a couple of days, Facebook will require game developers to implement its Facebook Credits currency, as announced in January 2011 much to the dismay of some developers, although we should also note that several juggernauts, including Zynga, EA and RockYou, were already on board.This morning, Ifeelgoods is announcing that it raised $6.5m to strengthen its offering ahead of the July 1 Facebook Credits implementation deadline. Ifeelgoods offers a platform that allows retailers to provide Facebook Credits as marketing incentives in their online stores.Basically, Ifeelsgoods wants to make online retail promotions more effective and less expensive for sellers by having them hand out credits for virtual goods from popular social games in lieu of traditional promotions such as discounts, coupon codes or gifts.
Exploring the Future of Money, Banking and Philanthropy
- How mobile phones are making cash obsolete in Africa – The Globe and Mail
- Mobile Payments: Why You Can’t Live Without Them – Forbes
- Read Books, Earn Points: A Publisher Unveils a Rewards Program | TIME.com
- The New Credit-Card Rewards Programs – WSJ.com
- Big U.S. Retailers Join Forces to Develop Mobile Wallet – WSJ.com